Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Greatest Gift of All

Everyone knows that the best gift on Christmas is the one you had wanted all year long.... Right? Well, growing up in a Christian home, I always knew that the birth of Christ was the real meaning of the season, and yet somehow I still failed to really understand what that meant. I went to my first real Christmas Eve service on Tuesday and Pastor Roland read some passages concerning the prophecies of Christ and His birth, then some prophecies of His ministry, and then some prophecies about His death and then Scripture talking about His death and ressurection. I always knew Chirst was "born to die," but it never occurred to me that his mother knew about the prophesies! She and Joseph always knew that He would be the Sacrifice for everyone in the world.... That He would be the sacrifice for you and for me.  God gave the greatest gift ever -- His Son, Jesus Christ. This is what Christmas is really all about. Remember to thanklthankl Him in this season of Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment