Wednesday, March 25, 2015

And the Countdown Begins!...

  Well, friends, after not being on for so long, I have finally managed to find time to write!
  In November, my brothers, Jon and David, had decided to travel to South Africa to visit my uncle, Doug Hammett, and his wife, Beverly Hammett. Of course, plans didn't begin to get made until late February. Jon talked to his boss about having off of work for a couple of weeks, to which his boss promptly replied, "So long as I don't have to pay you, go ahead!" This was an answer to prayer! David had then applied to his boss, who also said that it was alright.
  Unbeknownst to me, my aunt had been expecting me to come. I had been absolutely positive that I was going to Scotland with the teen group. I had signed up, gone to the meeting, and been talking for months about going with Abby. But God was working. My parents and I had talked about the pros of both trips. In Scotland, I would be with Abigail on her first missions trip. I would get to go to one of my favorite countries and the air was also very good for the lungs. And it is a perfect place for photography! Africa on the other hand, had lots of animals, I could learn first hand what a missionary wife did. I would be able to see family and friends, and get to meet some of the people that I have been praying for. But I felt torn. Abby and I were so excited about going to Scotland! I couldn't hurt her! But I knew my aunt would probably enjoy some company and I would learn much more in Africa. So I prayed about it...
  Late February (or early March, I don't remember), my mom had been looking up tickets for a direct flight. Finally, she found the cheapest tickets there were. She called out to me, "Katelyn, we have tickets. You must make a choice. Are you going to Scotland or to Africa?" I ground my teeth. Africa or Scotland? Africa or Scotland? I prayed for a quick answer. I finally began to say, "Africa." As it came out, I felt like I made the right decision.
   So my mother booked three tickets. But as it happened, the low price suddenly jumped to the original price right as we finished! My mom picked up the phone to call Cheap O Air. The man on the other end said, "Yes, I can set it back to the cheaper price." My mom hung up, thinking all was done. About 11:30, the phone rang. It was the credit card company, wondering if the amount was ok to go through. But the price they said over the phone was different than the one we were told we would have. My mom got back on the computer and checked on the price of the tickets. They were still set at the higher price! She called the flight service again, and she told them what happened. The lady was so sorry, that she not only gave us the lower billing price, but gave it to us just a little bit cheaper!
  We were all excited. We have tickets and passports. Now we just have to get all of our schoolwork done!
  Our trio will leave May 14, 2015, and arrive back home May 30, 2015! And then David graduates from highschool! We have a busy time ahead of us, but truly, our Father planned it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment